This tutorial is designed to quickly get you started with developing a Mini Program quickly.
You can see the whole lifecycle of a mini program in the following figure:
Figure 1. Mini program lifecycle
Mini program development overview
The life-cycle of a mini program covers from the developer account creation to the release of the mini program.
Before you can get started, make sure you have completed the following settings:
- Apply for an account to join the Mini Program Platform
As a developer, you can join the platform to be a Mini Program admin or a Mini Program developer after you are receive an email invitation.
- Complete the on-boarding process
- Create a mini program
- If you are a Mini Program admin, you can apply to create Mini Program on the Mini Program Platform and submit the Mini Program particulars, including but not limited to: name, description, logo image, etc. After successful creation, a unique identifier will be assigned to the newly created Mini Program.
- If you are a Mini Program developer, the Mini Program admin can add you as a member of a Mini Program.
- Dowload Mini Program Studio
Develop & Debug in IDE
- Create a project in Mini Program Studio
- Link the project with the mini program that is created in the Mini Program Platform.
- Code and debug
- Upload the code package from Mini Program Studio to the Mini Program Platform.
Review & Release
- Review the mini program and request to release the mini progrm
- Workspace admin reviews and approves the release request.
- Release the mini program.
Users can now open the mini program in the app.
Also, marketing capabilities can be enabled to the mini program for operational scenarios. And the life-cycle of a mini program ends when a mini program is removed from the Mini Program Platform.
Developers can learn more about Mini Program in the Quick Start documentation:
- Run the first Mini Program quickly by using the demo available in the Mini Program studio.
- According to the project structure knowledge, learn more about the demo Mini Program.